Monday, August 08, 2016

Make Your Reservations Now

Private Eye Writers of America founder Robert J. Randisi has let me know that tickets are now on sale for this year’s PWA Shamus Awards Banquet, which is to be held on September 16, during Bouchercon in New Orleans. The banquet will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the Pere Marquette Hotel in the French Quarter (817 Common Street) and last until 9 p.m. Tickets are priced at $60 per person. For more information, contact Randisi at RRandisi@aol.com.

Should you require a reminder of which books and authors are in contention for the various Shamus Awards this year, simply click here.

If memory serves, this will be my fifth Shamus Awards Banquet, following last year’s event in Raleigh, North Carolina. They’re always welcoming and often humorous affairs, and provide close contact with some of the most notable crime-fiction authors. Last year, for instance, I was seated one table away from Lawrence Block, and Steve Hamilton was right behind me. Great company, indeed.

1 comment:

Dana King said...

I sent the RSVP for The Beloved Spouse and I yesterday. See you there.